Thursday, September 11, 2008

Dawson for President

Since today is the 7th anniversary of such a dark day in our nation's history, I thought this would be a hopeful post. Oh, also, I love to brag about my kids (shocking, I know).

My Dawson is so smart. SO smart.

He has a mind like a steel trap. He remembers everything (this morning he asked me where my slipper socks with the cupcakes were... the ones I wore last Christmas)...

So, awhile ago, I saw this adorable lil whiz kid on Ellen who knew all the states. I thought... 'ptchaw, my kid is way cuter than that and just as smart (probably even more smart, because he is brilliant of course), and he could totally do that.' So I went to Kmart (classy, classy), and bought him a place mat similar to the one below, but without the pictures in each of the states:I also got one with all the planets in our solar system, and one with all the presidents of the United States.

Dawson loves to study all 3 of them, but has particularly fixated on the map.

The kid probably knows at least 20 states by sight... and can match their state flag (all the flags are featured on the back side of the map).

He is particularly fascinated with Washington D.C., the home of the American flag that stands for all the people and all the places together, and the location of the white house, where President George Bush lives (ask him, he'll tell you!).

He would also be sure to let you know that you won't be able to find Mr. Bush there for much longer, because soon he has to move out, and all the people will decide who our next leader will be.

..."Maybe it will be OOOOOOoooooo BAma, Mom! Maybe it will be John Mc Cain! We don't know yet, but soon, around my birthday, we will find out!"

..."Anabelle! Anabelle? Can you say "Ooooooo BAma? Try it! OOOOOOoo bama!"

Vote McDermott, 2058.

He is destined for greatness, you won't be sorry.

2 comments:

Steph said...

um, can he help me out, cause for my JOB i need to know the location of the states and I dont.

Big M said...

Oh, how adorable! Now the question is, can you get him on Oprah?