Thursday, March 24, 2011

Hawaiian Haystacks

Alright, I'm obsessed with food. I know, you're all shocked.

Since I'll eat anything and am not particularly refined or choosy on the kind of food I want to devour at any given moment, I don't have that many recipes worth sharing that are out of the ordinary. But that darn Bethany Sobraske is always introducing me to more excellent things than I ever thought possible in life, so not surprisingly this fantastic recipe is hers. We had it last night- its an undeniable winner.

Hawaiian Haystacks

Saute in a pan 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts with a pinch of olive oil and garlic until cooked thru. (You can also use pre cooked leftover chicken, or rotisserie chicken).

When the breasts are cooked, add 1 can cream of chicken soup and 1/2 cup chicken broth to make a delish creamy gravy.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, steam up 3 cups rice of your choice. I used Jasmine, but brown rice or whatevs would work too.

Spoon cooked rice into bowl, add generous scoop of chicken gravy lovin to the top.

THEN COMES THE GOOD PART.

Top that deliciousness with:

Diced Celery
Shredded Cheese (Which I forgot to add, but didnt miss at all!)
Chow Mein Noodles
Cubed Pineapples
Mandarin Oranges
Red Bell Pepper (I used green- its what I had)
Shredded Coconut
Sliced Green Onions (Yep. Forgot to add those too... still delish without)
Sliced Almonds

Yah, I'm that freak that takes pictures of food masterpieces.
You're welcome.
:)

So there are kind of a lot of ingredients, but as I mentioned in my lovely recipe narration, if you don't have a few ingredients or leave a couple out, you still quite a masterpiece.

I was also pondering the fact that you could easily make this a vegetarian dish if you wanted to omit the chicken part and use cream of mushroom or some other variation instead.

Anyways. DO THIS RECIPE. You won't be sorry.

(Unless you eat too much of it, like I did. Burp.)

xo



No comments: