Sunday, December 19, 2010

My True Love

Anabelle has a nasty cough, and since its been cold and wet I didn't want to drag her out yesterday evening to run a shopping errand.

I dropped her off at my parent's house and Dawson and I headed out for a rare moment to ourselves to do our Christmas bidding's.

He was singing his heart out in the backseat his very best attempt at the 12 days of Christmas... and suddenly stops mid-tune and asks...

"Hey, Mom...? What's a 'true love?' "

I explained that a 'true love' is the one that was meant for you to be with forever, and the one you will love for your whole life no matter what happens along the way.

I finished my explanation with "...its usually the person you marry or want to marry..."

and he was quiet and thought filled for a moment and then he said...

"...you know... the song could be talking about a Mom and her kid... thats also kind of like a true love..."


And then I melted into a puddle faster than Frosty the Snowman on a Miami Beach.

I am seriously in tears just writing about it.

I have the worlds sweetest little boy.

And yes, he is absolutely right... this is true love.

No comments: