Monday, February 7, 2011

All Hail the Queen of 5!

Tomorrow our baby turns 5.



FIVE.

I just can't believe how fast it went. Every day, I just miss my sweet natured, belly laughing cartoon character of a baby girl that rolled across my living room and danced in her crib the minute you opened her bedroom door... but I am also completely smitten with this sweet and spicy little girl who pours me pretend tea in her beloved mermaid ball gown and begs me to sing to her and tickle scratch her back every night.

Tomorrow we are taking a family trip to Disneyland. This time, the kids are as excited as we are which only makes us more aware of the fact that we are undeniably grown up ourselves.

I am especially aware of time these days as Tyson and I have both lost grandparents since the start of 2011. I am proud of our families and each member who plays a part in making our daily fairy tale possible. I appreciate these passing moments so much more, realizing the good ones and the awful ones are all so temporary. And, I feel so incredibly hopeful and inspired for the future of our family that awaits our beautiful little legacies.

SO. With that said... here is a glimpse of the beautiful Anabelle Lee, and what her heart looks like at five years old:



What is your favorite food in the whole world?:

Fruit snack gummys!

What is the best thing about having a brother?

That we can share toys



What is your favorite thing about your Daddy?

That he plays with me, and he takes me to the Father Daughter Dance.



Favorite animal:

Deer

Favorite color:

Pink

Favorite thing to wear:

Costumes!
Favorite game:

Dawson's video games when he lets me play them

Favorite place to go:

Yogert Creations and DISNEYLAND!

What is the best thing about your mommy?:

That you are finally letting me turn 5

What is the best thing about YOU?:

I have the best friends.


What are you really good at?:

Drawing pictures for you

What are you not so good at?:

Nothing.

Who is the best singer?

Taylor Swift.

What do you want to be when you grow up?:

A gymnastics teacher.


Ah, Anabelle Lee.
How deeply you are loved, your heart is beautiful, and your dreams are too.
You may turn 5 for now, but in the words of your precious Taylor Swift... Don't you ever grow up!
xo

1 comment:

Beatrice Blount said...

......did my comment come through?